The all-Russian program “Sanctity of Motherhood” has been implemented since 2006 as one of the major programs of the Foundation of Saint Andrew the First-Called. It is the most active family-oriented movement in Russia that unites the efforts of medical, scientific, creative and media communities, parents, children and university students.
The main goals of the program include creation of a specific image of a nuclear family with three or more children as the norm in the Russian society, along with facilitation of the sustainable nationwide demographic growth.
Cooperation agreements have been signed with 29 regions of the Russian Federation.
Since 2006, the “Sanctity of Motherhood” program has saved over 42,000 children’s lives!
The main areas of the program’s activity include the following:
- Creation of an effective system of psychological and social support for pregnant women along with psychological ongoing support for families, prevention of abortions, support for centers of motherhood protection, and training for experts who specialize in pre-abortion counselling
- Development of a youth volunteering movement
- Joining the efforts of mass media and the advertising community to promote family values, increasing the amount and quality of materials published in the press that are focused on the topic of family, providing help to develop social projects aimed at solving social issues in local communities
- Extending the scope of knowledge and competencies among high-school students, which is necessary to create a family and build a happy family life; involvement in creation of educational programs and publishing activity. Implementation of study courses on the basic principles of family life
- Organizing international and national forums, expert discussion platforms and seminars
- Holding events (such as festivals, contests and flash mobs) for parents and children to get positive emotions thanks to creative self-expression and joint activity for all family members
In 2019, the “Sanctity of Motherhood” program ensured that:
- Over 1,800 specialists upgraded their qualifications
- 28 doctors, psychologists and social workers received remuneration amounting from 30,000 to 50,000 rubles each per month
- 6,159 family-related works from journalists were submitted for the contest from 76 regions
The ideas and best practices of the “Sanctity of Motherhood” program became part of the federal laws “About the basic principles for people’s health” and “About the main guarantees of a child’s rights in the Russian Federation”. They also provided the basis for “The Concept of the State Family Policy in Russia” for the period up to the year 2025.